Welcome to the Virtual AcademyAre you looking to jump-start a career in the Information Technology (IT) field or advance your current knowledge? Look no further – George Mason University’s Virtual Academy is here!
The Virtual Academy (VirtAc) is the premier online preparatory academy at George Mason University (GMU) that brings the highest of standards and quality which are the hallmarks of GMU. VirtAc offers affordable online IT professional development non-credit courses and programs along with popular certifications. Our offerings will allow you to advance your career and enhance your value in the workplace. VirtAc staff are highly trained and qualified and certified in the areas in which they train students. As a VirtAc graduate you will have the opportunity to work with the best of the best in the IT field, with industry-recognized certifications from Cisco, CompTIA, Microsoft, Oracle and others.
The VirtAc Edge
- Fast track courses designed to enhance your career
- Instructors with combined academic and industry experience of over 100 years
- Direct interaction with instructors certified in the topics they teach
- Short, self-contained, courses with both asynchronous and weekly synchronous sessions
- Mobile-enabled learning platforms
- Certificate of participation issued by GMU
- 60% discount vouchers to apply towards the CCNA certification exams (with a 75% or better score)
- CompTIA certification exam discount vouchers available
- 10% discounts for GMU students and alumni
- 15% discount for early bird registration
- 15% discount for corporate enrollments of three or more participants
What’s NewWe recently added the VirtAc Tech Center to highlight specific topics of interest to our current students and alumni.
Some courses meet DoD 8570.01 requirements
- Department of IST
- Office of Continuing Professional Education
- University Registrar
- Cisco Networking Academy