IT professionals research, design, develop, build, and test the code and algorithms that run the computers and devices so critical to engines, sensors, and safety equipment. They use machine learning and artificial intelligence to solve diverse problems.
Who We Are
The Department of Information Sciences and Technology includes:
Expert faculty members working in machine learning, health informatics, cybersecurity, learning technologies, cloud computing, and more.
- Funded researchers doing life-changing work.
- Motivated, skilled students.
- Committed staff members devoted to creating a positive student experience.
- Passionate alumni creating companies and connections.
- Smart donors who care about the development of Information Sciences and Technology at Mason.
- A prestigious advisory board comprised of leaders in their fields.
- Conduct important industry-sponsored capstone research projects.
- Are highly recruited by employers.
- Participate in student clubs and organizations.
- Serve the community around them.